Walking football is a variant of football that is aimed at keeping people aged over-50 involved with football as well as providing tremendous physical, social and mental benefits to participating.
- See Also:
An Overview of Walking Football
Our successful Walking Football programme is continually growing with constant expansion across the city to meet demand. Our current sessions are as follows:
- Glasgow Club Donald Dewar (10.30-11.30am) High Intensity
- Tollcross International Swimming Centre (1-2pm) High Intensity
- Glasgow Club Scotstoun (7-8pm) High Intensity
- Glasgow Club Easterhouse 6-7pm Low Intensity
- Glasgow Club Kelvin Hall (10.30-11.30am) Low Intensity
- Glasgow Club Maryhill (1-2pm) High Intensity
- Glasgow Club Bellahouston (1-2pm) Low Intensity
- Glasgow Green Football Centre (10.30-11.30am) High Intensity
- Glasgow Club Drumoyne 7pm-8pm Low Intensity
- Toryglen Regional Football Centre (10.30am -11.30am) High Intensity
- Glasgow Club Donald Dewar (10.30am -11.30am) Low Intensity
- Glasgow Club Castlemilk (7-8pm) High Intensity
The manner in which the sport is played promotes cardiovascular fitness whilst producing the least stress on the body. It also assists participants maintain an active lifestyle.
All our Walking Football sessions provide a tremendous social benefits with opportunities to meet new friends and also share in a cup of tea/coffee afterwards.
Our walking football sessions cost £3.50 and are pay as you go.
Members of our Glasgow Club can attend as many walking football sessions per month as they would like all inclusive of their membership.
To get involved click on the search button at the side of this page and it will show you all walking football sessions in Glasgow.
We recommend that players all have appropriate footwear when participating with trainers recommended for indoor and outdoor sessions to support balance.
Glasgow Sport's walking football players were included in the 22nd March 2018 episode of Still Game!
Though based on football, the key difference in the rules, from standard football, is that if a player runs then they concede a free kick to the other side.
We also fall in line with Walking Football Scotland's 'Laws of the Game' including:
- No tackling from behind or from the side
- 3 touch
- Height restriction - no higher than crossbar
Find Walking Football Activities Near You
Use the search below to find local activities near you.
National Governing Bodies
- Contact Name
- Glasgow Sport Football Participation Team
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 0141 287 5953