Vitality Strength & Balance Circuit
Vitality is a city wide programme of specially designed exercise classes for people living with medical conditions such as Parkinson's, MS, stroke, cardiac conditions, osteoporosis, cognitive impairments and COPD. It is also suitable if someone has a fear of falling or find that strength and balance is impacting on daily life. Our supportive instructors will help participants improve confidence to get active and lead a fuller, more independent life.
The Strength and Balance Circuit Class is ideal for people who are mobile (with or without a mobility aid) but who may struggle with some movements and everyday activities such as stairs. This class is also suitable for people with breathing difficulties.
What to do for your first class:
- No need to book in advance, however please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time so you can meet the instructor and discuss your personal medical conditions.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing that you can exercise in without getting too hot.
- Ensure footwear is well fitting, flat, supportive and comfortable - sandals and slip on shoes are not advisable
- Vitality classes are held in community venues and leisure centers chosen close to major bus routes. All venues have parking spaces for drivers with blue badges
What to bring with you:
- Bring any medication you may need whilst exercising.
- You may not be allowed to participate if you don't have it with you.
- Bring any information sheets you have completed during your appointments with your health care professional
- Water bottle
This activity also runs on these dates:
The information contained in the Glasgow Life activity finder has been provided by clubs. It is the responsibility of each club to ensure that information relating to their club remains up to date. Glasgow Life is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by clubs and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. It is recommended that you contact a club directly in order to establish specific opportunities available.