Vitality Step In Circuit Class
Vitality is a city wide programme of specially designed exercise classes for people living with medical conditions such as Parkinson's, MS, stroke, cardiac conditions, osteoporosis, cognitive impairments and COPD. It is also suitable if someone has a fear of falling or find that strength and balance is impacting on daily life. Our supportive instructors will help participants improve confidence to get active and lead a fuller, more independent life.
The Step in Circuit class is designed for those with independent mobility but may have some difficulty doing daily activities. It is suitable for those who want to start or keep active, meet new people and have fun whilst improving strength, co-ordination, fitness and flexibility.
What to do for your first class:
- No need to book in advance, however please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time so you can meet the instructor and discuss your personal medical conditions.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing that you can exercise in without getting too hot.
- Ensure footwear is well fitting, flat, supportive and comfortable - sandals and slip on shoes are not advisable
- Vitality classes are held in community venues and leisure centers chosen close to major bus routes. All venues have parking spaces for drivers with blue badges
What to bring with you:
- Bring any medication you may need whilst exercising.
- You may not be allowed to participate if you don't have it with you.
- Bring any information sheets you have completed during your appointments with your health care professional
- Water bottle
This activity also runs on these dates:
The information relating to the sports clubs which is displayed on Glasgow Life's website has been provided by the specific sports clubs. Glasgow Life accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of this information. Glasgow Life's website may by hyperlink lead you to third party websites which are not under the control of Glasgow Life. When you activate these you will leave Glasgow Life's website. Hyperlinks to third party websites are provided to you only as convenience and Glasgow Life therefore accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage you may sustain for your use of these websites. Glasgow Life accepts no responsibility to you or any other third parties for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, damage for loss of business or loss of profits) arising directly or indirectly from your use of or inability to use Glasgow Life's website or any of the material contained in it.